I won't do that again!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I reckon I learn better from my mistakes than I ever do from being told, and there have been plenty.

Forgot to take the lid off the seeds when they germinated, long, leggy seedlings.
Let the seedlings get too cold.
Planted them too close together.

I could go on, but I wondered what you have done that you will never do again?

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
The thing I do that I say I won't do again...but always seem to do anyhow...is fail to take enough water with me when working on outside projects like fencing, brush clearing, tree removal, etc. Seems like I rationalize that today the work will be short, and I won't need water, but it always fails to turn out that way.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In a similar vein, not putting gloves on, I rationalize it's only a little job, I'll be careful, then I pick up a splinter or something.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Underestimate the size everyone will be at full growth. Plants too close together, stakes or wigwams not sturdy or tall enough.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I will never spray the lawn with insecticide. We have red ants pretty bad. I got wise one year and decided dealing with mounds was ridiculous. What I learned was they keep the grubs down. I could roll up my grass like a carpet when the grubs were done.

Ask a Question