Seeds won't flower until next year

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone
Hope you had a good weekend

ok I see on my seed packets,that they won’t flower until next year

so what am I meant to do with about 100 half grown seeds for a year ??
I’m so peed off I feel like just chucking them

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
@Xxjanexx ... one of the first things to learn about gardening is patience. If you want instant - put some plastic flowers in - these days people even put instant plastic grass down too.
If you havesown seeds of nice hardy perennials there, and pot up your seedlings when they are large enough to handle, you could - in just a few months time have a crop of lovely plants that will keep coming up every year - what good value !!

What are they?

Here, I have grown massive trees from seed - if I had never sown the seed, there would be no trees. Gardening is a life long hobby that is or can be very worthwhile.... do stick with it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Attachments

• B52F03DE-A31F-4AE6-87BC-9DFA6ACE1436.jpeg
    B52F03DE-A31F-4AE6-87BC-9DFA6ACE1436.jpeg
    216.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 64905EAF-6158-41C9-BC22-433642BA0AA2.jpeg
    64905EAF-6158-41C9-BC22-433642BA0AA2.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 61
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
@Xxjanexx ... one of the first things to learn about gardening is patience. If you want instant - put some plastic flowers in - these days people even put instant plastic grass down too.
If you havesown seeds of nice hardy perennials there, and pot up your seedlings when they are large enough to handle, you could - in just a few months time have a crop of lovely plants that will keep coming up every year - what good value !!

What are they?

Here, I have grown massive trees from seed - if I had never sown the seed, there would be no trees. Gardening is a life long hobby that is or can be very worthwhile.... do stick with it.
Thank you....I’m to impatient

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oops, sorry I was in a hurry and didn`t see the photos :sorry:

The first little leaves will be cotyledons - wait until some true leaves appear, and when the seedlings are easier to handle, loosen them up a bit in the tray with a plant label or something, and transplant them either to little pots, or if you haven`t got any pots into seen trays spaced out. You should get 30 - 40 in a tray. Don`t touch the stems, but only hold the seedlings by the leaf. Put them in a sheltered place to grow on a bit and watch out for frost. At the moment all my seedlings ( a few thousand of them) are out on the back porch with a made up bubble wrap mini greenhouse/tent affair with a lump of fleece for overnight protection.
In May/June time, plant them out where you want them to flower - they should have a nice strong root by then and that`s it!
You will see your plants get stronger, and form lovely strong plants which are good and healthy. When they do flower they will look amazing and you will feel very proud of your efforts and post pictures on here for us all to look at .....won`t you :happy:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oops, sorry I was in a hurry and didn`t see the photos :sorry:

The first little leaves will be cotyledons - wait until some true leaves appear, and when the seedlings are easier to handle, loosen them up a bit in the tray with a plant label or something, and transplant them either to little pots, or if you haven`t got any pots into seen trays spaced out. You should get 30 - 40 in a tray. Don`t touch the stems, but only hold the seedlings by the leaf. Put them in a sheltered place to grow on a bit and watch out for frost. At the moment all my seedlings ( a few thousand of them) are out on the back porch with a made up bubble wrap mini greenhouse/tent affair with a lump of fleece for overnight protection.
In May/June time, plant them out where you want them to flower - they should have a nice strong root by then and that`s it!
You will see your plants get stronger, and form lovely strong plants which are good and healthy. When they do flower they will look amazing and you will feel very proud of your efforts and post pictures on here for us all to look at .....won`t you :happy:

THANK YOU SO MUCH
your so helpful,I’ve definitely learnt a lot today

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You are very welcome. If you want some seeds that are really really easy, and will flower this summer, try nasturtiums and marigolds. When your flowers have finished doing their thing later in the year, you can easily collect the seeds when they have dried out a bit and save them in paper bags to grow some more next year. Works out much cheaper ;)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You are very welcome. If you want some seeds that are really really easy, and will flower this summer, try nasturtiums and marigolds. When your flowers have finished doing their thing later in the year, you can easily collect the seeds when they have dried out a bit and save them in paper bags to grow some more next year. Works out much cheaper ;)

live got them on my list
Thank you

Ask a Question