I have a question I cant find the answer to regarding; Plant/Flower GROW BAGS help

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, I have a tallish large urn planter. I would like to grow a foxtail fern in the urn, along with maybe a lantana.
I want to isolate the foxtail fern so I can contain the crazy root system and also be to removed and store, when it freezes. Would it be possible for me to ‘plant’ a NON - biodegradable plant BAG in the urn, under ground? The handles will make it so much easier to lift out. Suggestions are sorely needed and welcomed. Have a great day! Cs

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Yes but pay attention to allowing drainage. Also allow plenty of room. We have ferns all over the place here, but all on the hill, and none in the low flat places where a lot of water collects, shade, semi or sunny.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Seems like it would be overcrowded with both Lantana and Foxtail fern in the same container but other than that I see no reason your plant bag won't work.

Ask a Question