I don't have a very green thumb and I'd like some help on my money tree

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
It looks allright but not great. It's a little droopy, the tips of the leave are crinkly and a bit curly and some of the leaf tips are discoloured. Do I need to water more/less, get more sunlight? Any help is appreciated thank you.

Attachments

• Don't have a very green thumb, help me identify what is wrong with my money tree - Imgur.jpg
    Don't have a very green thumb, help me identify what is wrong with my money tree - Imgur.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 304
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
I never grew money trees, so I don't have much experience, however, that continues looks really small to me. I feel like the lack of room isn't allowing the tree to take up water and nutrients through the roots.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I never grew money trees, so I don't have much experience, however, that continues looks really small to me. I feel like the lack of room isn't allowing the tree to take up water and nutrients through the roots.

Do you mean the container is small? I need a bigger one?

Fuzzygreenery

The Noodle Hamster
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Money trees prefer bright, indirect light and moderate-to-high humidity. Direct sunlight can lead to leaf-scorching, but the plants can do relatively well in low light. Exposure to too many drafts, though, may cause leaf loss. Heater vents and hot, dry air also need to be avoided.

If the plant is being exposed to direct light then the discolouring is likely sun burns on the leaves. Water consistently. 1 - 2 times per week depending on humidity. Make sure you water all the topsoil, just until the water starts leaking out the drain holes.

Ask a Question