How to use a mini greenhouse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there.

I am very new to gardening (only really got into it within the last 6 months or so) but have really caught the bug, now, and very keen to learn.

I recently bought a 5-tier mini greenhouse and, for the first few days it was brilliant - some seeds that were lying dormant for weeks suddenly sprouted.

However, one of the days was particularly hot and sunny and I had some chilli pepper and bell pepper seedlings that wilted and died.

I would be really grateful for any advice on how to actually use a mini greenhouse - i.e. I realise, now, that you cannot just water everything in the morning and leave the door shut all day.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What was the temperature inside? You don't really want it to get over 85-90F.

The sun has alot of power behind it and is hard to control the internal temp inside of mine when ambient temps get above 65-70 F with a temp controller and fans but mine is probably smaller than yours. I'm guessing at a certain ambient temp and full sun, you will have to open the door or vents. What temp? You'll have to experiment and find out.

Ask a Question