How to Make Your Garden Great Again

Reaction score
Country
United States
Our gardening is falling apart, it's been run into the ground by woke septoria and commie squash bettles. Just kidding.

Seriously though, why is everything falling apart... somekinda worm destroyed my broccoli in 24h, squash bettles, wierd little nazi ants on my watermelons, septoria from a evil plant monger... somekinda yellow... some kinda scaring... wierd spots. It's like the world is ending. So what is all this????

These spots appeared a day after h2o2 spray for septoria
20230710_183248.jpg

20230710_183252.jpg

A potatoe plant dont look too happy, only one i can feel a potatoe in.
20230710_183229.jpg

Unidentified illegal aliens... rapist and murder of broccoli, use extreme caution. The tour up my brocoli so fast... just sprayed bt.
20230710_183152.jpg

20230710_183158.jpg

Still looks impressive if you stand a far, but don't look to close, your standing in a leopard colony.
20230710_164104.jpg

20230710_164114.jpg

The nazi ants, the ones that really run ukraine, lol. Should i worry about them or allow them to continue subjecting my watermelons with extremely loud shouting and fist waving?
20230710_161123.jpg

The hideous beast defined monstrosity of leafs show!!!! What happen?
20230710_102945.jpg
20230710_102926.jpg
20230710_102932.jpg
20230710_102951.jpg

And this weird ass formation... looks like a million keebler elves sneezed on my garden.
20230710_163924.jpg

So there you have it... in 2 weeks septoria, nazi ants, commi worms and Keebler elves have invaded my garden. How can I make my garden great again... ive tried iodine, h202, copper... its all a joke for the septoria... seems like I'm just fighting humidity at this point. Sucks......

Attachments

• 20230710_183158.jpg
    20230710_183158.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The caterpillars are the easiest to eliminate. Spray with Bt. The reason they are in such numbers is because you failed to properly observe your plants and gave them a chance to explode in numbers. The same with the early blight and septoria. Should have taken action sooner. Those ants are not ants. They are the larvae of the leaf footed stink bug. Again you didn't inspect your plants. The eggs are easy to see on the underside of the large leafed plants in your garden. Better kill them all now are very soon they will turn into adult stink bugs and attack your actual fruit. If you were in the US I would recommend spraying with spinosad. I don't know what you have there. And lastly, IMO, you have the beginnings of downy mildew as shown by where the keebler elves sneezed on the plant. You couldn't do anything about this though. It is caused by high humidity and poor air.circulation. You may think I am signaling you out for poor gardening habits. I am not. We all do this and your garden is a work in progress for us all. We must all be extremely vigilant or this same thing can happen us too. We must closely inspect each and every plant we have at least twice per week. It sounds like an impossible task but it is actually very easy to do when one knows what to look for. I can do it at a slow walk, checking for diseases, insects, caterpillars, nutrition issues etc and I do it at least once per day, every day. You soon learn to know each separate plant and you can tell if something is amiss with just a glance.

Reaction score
Country
United States
BT worked.

On the tomatoes. I took a lot of action... sprayed so much crap on them, removed tons. Must have spent 300. Tried h2o2, iodine, copper, got grow phos funcide next. Reflecting on what happened... 1 plant brought horrendously bad strain of septoria to my yard... 3 days of rain it spread. I killed the source plants and all around them. I pruned the spots and deceased off my big plants... one tiny seedling brought it here, I had 9 ft plants in the same yard, I am stupid. Then I sprayed copper and 1% h2o2, removed more, sprayed iodine like 40 drops to 1.5 gallons. I think that all the crap I sprayed the plants with led to leaf damage... maybe there was oil left in my new sprayer or something, I got a food grade metal one... what do I know. I suspect the leaf damage allowed the night in, which I suspect also can from that prices plant. At this point, all hope is pretty much lost. Worse, this decease is in my yard to stay, so gonna have to move and buy new dirt... all cause on prick sold me a diseased plant and I trusted him... 15$ he made from me... he cost me the season and another 300.

Your right... the garden has gotten away from me... I planted way too much... I put my tomatoe plants in 2 rows, 6x2, packed tight. Knew it was an issue bjt priorities.. then they kept growing huge and I had planted that dude's plant in another row 5 feet away... 3 daymys of rain I saw it. Trying to separate everything, doubled the size of the cages to fix the hanging... invent the first 12 ft mega triangle... cleaned and sprayed my big babies, trashed the deceased infants. All looked okay, except for many the leaf damage. 2 days of rain... worse than ever... can't keep up... now one tomatoe plant that doesn't look too bad is drooping in the sun with plenty of water... pretty sure they are dieing, fruit stopped growing, some are turning ripe and rotting on the blossom end root looks like something from a horror story. Watermelons might be impacted... nazi stink bug larva is dead, neem worked and a cigarette liter worked on the remaining two that tried to flee to Argentina.

The tomatoes distracted me from my broccoli squash and cucs, might replant cucs this weekend, got some roma tomatoes inside, babies... no sign of the disease yet, might plant those in the front yard, away from my leopard colony of plant.

Tomatoes are hard... was doing so well... I shouldn't have bought thst plant... know everything would be 75% better if I hadn't.

Two big mistakes, first garden in 35 years... buying that plant and using wheat grass for mulch, that resulting in a carpet from seed.

20230710_133011.jpg

Before the evil plant

20230616_200829.jpg

Attachments

• 20230710_133011.jpg
    20230710_133011.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230711_123909.jpg
    20230711_123909.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230623_192739.jpg
    20230623_192739.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Maybe you can do something about the rot on the blossom end. Sprinkle a big handful of Epsom Salts around the base of the plant and water it in. You can get away with planting Roma determinate plants 2 feet apart but not indeterminates. In any case make sure that you have good air circulation

Heirloom farmer1969

Year-round farmer and lover of all of nature
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
BT worked.

On the tomatoes. I took a lot of action... sprayed so much crap on them, removed tons. Must have spent 300. Tried h2o2, iodine, copper, got grow phos funcide next. Reflecting on what happened... 1 plant brought horrendously bad strain of septoria to my yard... 3 days of rain it spread. I killed the source plants and all around them. I pruned the spots and deceased off my big plants... one tiny seedling brought it here, I had 9 ft plants in the same yard, I am stupid. Then I sprayed copper and 1% h2o2, removed more, sprayed iodine like 40 drops to 1.5 gallons. I think that all the crap I sprayed the plants with led to leaf damage... maybe there was oil left in my new sprayer or something, I got a food grade metal one... what do I know. I suspect the leaf damage allowed the night in, which I suspect also can from that prices plant. At this point, all hope is pretty much lost. Worse, this decease is in my yard to stay, so gonna have to move and buy new dirt... all cause on prick sold me a diseased plant and I trusted him... 15$ he made from me... he cost me the season and another 300.

Your right... the garden has gotten away from me... I planted way too much... I put my tomatoe plants in 2 rows, 6x2, packed tight. Knew it was an issue bjt priorities.. then they kept growing huge and I had planted that dude's plant in another row 5 feet away... 3 daymys of rain I saw it. Trying to separate everything, doubled the size of the cages to fix the hanging... invent the first 12 ft mega triangle... cleaned and sprayed my big babies, trashed the deceased infants. All looked okay, except for many the leaf damage. 2 days of rain... worse than ever... can't keep up... now one tomatoe plant that doesn't look too bad is drooping in the sun with plenty of water... pretty sure they are dieing, fruit stopped growing, some are turning ripe and rotting on the blossom end root looks like something from a horror story. Watermelons might be impacted... nazi stink bug larva is dead, neem worked and a cigarette liter worked on the remaining two that tried to flee to Argentina.

The tomatoes distracted me from my broccoli squash and cucs, might replant cucs this weekend, got some roma tomatoes inside, babies... no sign of the disease yet, might plant those in the front yard, away from my leopard colony of plant.

Tomatoes are hard... was doing so well... I shouldn't have bought thst plant... know everything would be 75% better if I hadn't.

Two big mistakes, first garden in 35 years... buying that plant and using wheat grass for mulch, that resulting in a carpet from seed.

View attachment 98540

Before the evil plant

Man, those were beautiful!! That would absolutely devastate me. That's why I only plant plants that I've started from seed myself, especially tomatoes. As you know now, it only takes one infected plant to wipe out a whole crop.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for sharing your garden. You are doing a super job with those plants in containers. Your plants look great. Container plants are always more prone to bug attacks. It will get much worse in the next four weeks. It's a battle that the insects usually win. Keep us posted.

Heirloom farmer1969

Year-round farmer and lover of all of nature
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Man they were beautiful plants!!
I know how you feel. I lost everything last August to a flood.
It's heartbreaking.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bwwn a while since I updated this thread. Tomatoe plants are limping along, made lots of tomatoe sauce, no leaves 5 feet up, brown the rest I can't keep up, every rain. It's probably all over the place. Got 30 roma seedlings going to hope for a global warming winter. Just gotta try not to get septoria on them... shits probably everywhere. Was thinking about getting a grow tent, but that's like 4k, might get a pop-up 100$ greenhouse tent piece of crap thing, and heater. Humidity control too. Killed the brocoli cucs and squash, might try cucs again... got insaine quantities of peppers.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Me in Summer it is a constant fight.

I mostly use a Soap Mix or Neem for Bugs and sometimes just spray with Jet of water. Bugs don't like this.

Plant Basil, Marigolds and Zinnias.

There is many good Bugs that you can buy but you have to determine what Bad Bugs you have.

Then there is just get this out it isn't going to produce quit wasting time with it.

big rockpile

Ask a Question