Gardening rookie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi there
I have 2 garden beds to fill
One side along my house I have planted a shrub
On the front of my house I want to fill with some cottage style plants, I am confused on how to do it ??
Any recommendations? Part shade

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there
I have 2 garden beds to fill
One side along my house I have planted a shrub
On the front of my house I want to fill with some cottage style plants, I am confused on how to do it ??
Any recommendations? Part shade
Please post a photo so we can see what you are talking about.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
image.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
That photo helps a lot. Perfect for a home gardening project. Is this the morning Sun or the evening Sun?

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's even better. Clean out all the old hardwood mulch, pull out the weeds, and aerate the soil with a cultivator or shovel. Dig down as deep as you can to loosen the soil deep. After you finish that post another photo and we will take it from there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
With so much space outside that area my first thoyght would be watermelons. Train to grow outward but the grass would be an issue since the vines will be in the way to cut the grass.

Not sure where you are at but its most likel to late for them this year. Maybe prep for next year. WM by far are my most rewarding fruit. WM through the juicer is absolutlwy the best tasting juice I have ever had.

Just my thought as WM are my favorite.

MOD

Ask a Question