How often do I need to water my seedlings?

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
I am growing pine and spruces from seeds some of them just germinated. I keep them by the window to the south and west side. So the sun is all day shining on them. When I touch the ground it seems all the time dry. The temperature inside is in the morning from 19c at day can reach from 22 to 25 in celsius. What do you think how many times should I water them I do it mostly once a day.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Water when the soil has become partly dry. Don't keep the soil sodden but don't let it completely dry out.

Besides sight and touch, another great way to judge irrigation need is by lifting a container and judging its weight.

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
I have a question My seedlings started growing, but I noticed there new needles started look dry or burned. I used to water once a day, but I keep them on a very study side near the window tp the south and west side so sun is all day. Should I move them more to shade? Also same with my seeds some of them germinated seemed all fine I tried to water them once a day and they always seem dry and seems they are dried and dieing so seeds didn't germinated at all. So is it better to keep them in warm place,but not where is direct sunlight?

Ask a Question