How often do you fertilize the lawn?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10A
Country
United States
I just fertilized my lawn. How many times a year do you fertilize the lawn please? I heard different answers, 1 time, 2 times, 4 times. I use Down To Earth Bio-Turf product

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I know you are referring to N-P-K. Carbon is a major nutrient you might find suprisingly listed with Oxygen, Hydrogen and NPK. Humates for example, Composts or Bio-Char ideas there. No real season on them. Soil tests are useful of course. The garden lady on the news said "No soil test is like asking for directions to California without knowing where you are".

NigelJ

Still Learning
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Never ever and only mow it when over 4" long, it's grass it grows. Main uses are wildlife habitat, green stuff for the compost heap, as a land bank and preventer of soil erosion.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Excuse me please. In todays world of gardeners, so much interest surrounds, plant feeding and pruning. With all due respects. I'd like to see threads such as this, open up and give some insight asto what feeding/fertalizing, and pruning actually mean, entail and their respective place in horticulture. No offence meant.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Excuse me please. In todays world of gardeners, so much interest surrounds, plant feeding and pruning. With all due respects. I'd like to see threads such as this, open up and give some insight asto what feeding/fertalizing, and pruning actually mean, entail and their respective place in horticulture. No offence meant.
I just sprayed out 250 gallons of humates and micro nutrients since our clay likes to leach so badly.

Ask a Question