How Many Acres???

Reaction score
If you could have the perfect garden/orchard/back yard setup gardening wise how many acres would it encompass and what would you have in this garden?

I would love to have a nice sized homestead. If I could manage 100 acres I would love that much land. I would keep a majority of it in trees that would be used and replanted for firewood and such. I would have animals such as chickens, ducks, rabbits, dwarf goats, feeder pigs, a beef on the hoof or two and of course at least one horse.

Garden wise I would have an extensive orchard with all sorts of fruit and nut trees. I would plant every cane/vine/bush of fruits that I could think of or grow. I would have a scenic garden as well that would house my flowers and herbs along with a plentiful vegetable garden.

If I could manage it, I would follow the Permaculture design for this oasis of mine.

How many acres would you want if money nor time were an object and you could have anything you wanted?

Reaction score
I wouldn't need that much, twenty five would be the most that I could handle. I would love to have a farm and if this were a fantasy wish I would be much younger and able to take care of fifty plus acres.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
The more, the better!
I'm afraid it will sound quite silly to you, but whenever I'm walking in a park in my area, I always imagine that I'm a princess and that the park is my garden and I just let other people use it too, lol:D
It's a beautiful, huge park, with old, tall trees, flowers and small brooks. I love it. I'd like to have it just for myself:)

Reaction score
Right now, even just ONE acre would be great! Currently I have a very small yard in an urban area so I'm limited but my imagination isn't!
@Shellyann36, your dream sounds exactly like mine' but I think if I had even just the 1 acre I could squeeze it all in, lol!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Right now, even just ONE acre would be great! Currently I have a very small yard in an urban area so I'm limited but my imagination isn't!
@Shellyann36, your dream sounds exactly like mine' but I think if I had even just the 1 acre I could squeeze it all in, lol!
I can relate to it. Although I dream of having a huge park that I mentioned in my previous post, I would be very happy if I could have even one acre just for myself. My parents gave me a part of their garden, I can plant anything I want there, but I really need more space. I want to plant many, many poplars:) They're my favorite trees!:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Wow that looks excellent Zigs! Are you planning on building your own place?

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Congrats Zig on your place. I will be moving next week into a small house with a large yard .25 acres so that I can play in the dirty as much as I want.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ta :)

Only agricultural use, thinking about a poly tunnel already though. Just been up there, they've finished the boundary fence off and put in a brand new gate :)

Good luck with the move Pat :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Zigs, it's such a beautiful place!:D Congratulations! There are so many trees there, it's gorgeous. I love the river. The Bullfinch is super cute:D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Will be clearing bits to plant up, one end needs a land drain putting in, pretty boggy. Can't do anything till the solicitors have completed the sale, takes about a month.

There's Rabbits there too Claudine, my mate fell down a hole while we were looking round :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
A poly tunnel sounds excellent, I hope the sale comes through quickly. You'll have to let us have a nosy at what you get up to :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Will be clearing bits to plant up, one end needs a land drain putting in, pretty boggy. Can't do anything till the solicitors have completed the sale, takes about a month.

There's Rabbits there too Claudine, my mate fell down a hole while we were looking round :D
I love rabbits!:D They're adorable! Will you feed them?:D I'm sure they would be extremely happy if you left a few carrots for them:D

neanderthals-rabbits.jpg

So cute:love: I want rabbits in my garden too!

Ask a Question