How Many Acres???

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
We have hares in our yard, it is fun to watch the squirrels and rabbits run thru the yard. I feed the birds and squirrels bread often. When it is not there for a few days they look around to see if I have forgotten about them. The squirrels will just sit on the deck and look at the house with that look on their little face saying feed me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Cute bunny! I would love to even have a couple of acres to work with. Right now I have a teeny tiny back yard and can't do anything with it as I live in a rental unit. I would grow every fruit and vegetable I could squeeze into my property and apple trees would be a must.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Will be clearing bits to plant up, one end needs a land drain putting in, pretty boggy. Can't do anything till the solicitors have completed the sale, takes about a month.

There's Rabbits there too Claudine, my mate fell down a hole while we were looking round :D

Lots of extra fencing to keep your garden safe from the bunnies. Love the river. A third of an acre is perfect. Maybe blueberries for the bog edges? What fun planning it all out.:rolleyes:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The bunnies are in the plot

Probably too limey for Blueberries, but Water Cress is an option :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I love rabbits!:D They're adorable! Will you feed them?:D I'm sure they would be extremely happy if you left a few carrots for them:D

neanderthals-rabbits.jpg

So cute:love: I want rabbits in my garden too!

They'll eat the lot Claudine

Reaction score
@firelily99 I think I would be younger as well with the same mindset that I have now though. :D

@claudine That is not silly at all in fact that is fabulous!

@Rhondi LOL I think that several things can be squeezed in on one acre! Just think about permaculture.

@zigs Congrats on your new land!

@Pat congrats on your new land and home!

@Rosyrain Sounds like a nice plan! I think that several things can be squeezed in. Forget the lawn and just plant edible's along with herbs, fruit trees and bushes/canes.

Ask a Question