How can i help this rose?

Reaction score
Country
Cyprus
Had a bad winter but almost all my other roses are blooming fine.
What can i do?

Attachments

• IMG_20230426_145805 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20230426_145805 - Copy.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 17
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I would feed it micro-nutrients such as iron and magnesium. When a plant's leaves are yellow with green veins this is a symptom of a deficiency in these two nutrients. IMO you are also keeping then too wet as evidenced by the browning leaf margins and tips and this is probably leaching the nutrients from the soil.

Reaction score
Country
Cyprus
@Chuck thank you. You may be right about me keeping it too wet.I was trying too much is the last couple of weeks..
I also gave it iron a couple to days ago. i dont think i have magnesium..

will leave it alone then and see...how many days should i expect to see improvement?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Chuck thank you. You may be right about me keeping it too wet.I was trying too much is the last couple of weeks..

will leave it alone then and see...how many days should i expect to see improvement?
About a week for Iron. Do you have a product called Chelated Iron there? It has all of the needed micro-nutrients.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States

Mix 1/2 cup epsom salts into 1/2 gallon of water and soak the roots. Epsom salts will provide needed magnesium

Reaction score
Country
Cyprus
About a week for Iron. Do you have a product called Chelated Iron there? It has all of the needed micro-nutrients.

yes! thats what i gave it a couple of days ago. EDDHA fe 7% .
I was told to mix 1 soup spoon of iron with 10 litres of water and feed the rose.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
yes! thats what i gave it a couple of days ago. EDDHA fe 7% .
I was told to mix 1 soup spoon of iron with 10 litres of water and feed the rose.
Yes, that is the same as chelated iron. It should have all of the needed micronutrients.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Does it contain magnisium too?
It should but I can't be certain. You will have to read the label to find out for sure. If it doesn't list Mg then it doesn't and you should add the Epsom Salts which is not sodium but Magnesium Sulfate.

Ask a Question