Lady banks white roses HELP

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just planted lady banks rose in the ground a week and a half ago after one week I noticed a lot of the leaves were hardening and falling off. I checked the water and I definitely overwatered the plant. I dug out the plant took out all the soupy soil and put new soil along with the original plant. I read I should have checked on the roots, removed all access soil around the roots and trimmed brown roots?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My immediate reaction is 'Please don't dig it up again to check the roots, let the poor thing be.' Most plants like being left alone most of the time, and people's eagerness to help them is what leads to things like over watering in the first place. I don't know what your ground is like, but I would have thought the over watering would have sorted itself in Arizona within a day or two. Patience and time are the gardener's best friends.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
United States
Sometimes plants go into a "transplant shock" when moved to the container to the ground. Some plants, like people, are more sensitive to things. Wilting leaves or drooping leaves is what typically happens. Just leave it. Don't worry about ovewatering where you live because the heat is going to evaporate it.

Ask a Question