Hoping For Healthy Grass

Reaction score
Country
United States
A week before sowing grass seed I put out a starter fertilizer. After a week I cut the grass and aerated it. Then I put out the grass seed and waited for the rain. I did get rain for the next two days. I want a healthy lawn so bad. I have huge patches of clover and more patches of weeds. I read that the best way to get rid of weeds is to have thick grass to choke it out. Fingers crossed.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Auto correct messed up the thread heading. Grads is supposed to be Grass.

NigelJ

Still Learning
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A week before sowing grass seed I put out a starter fertilizer. After a week I cut the grass and aerated it. Then I put out the grass seed a
isn't this a case of getting the cart before the horse. In the UK we sow the grass seed then after germination and growth cut it.
Clover is wonderful, far more interesting then grass, stays green longer in dry periods and doesn't need cutting as often.

Reaction score
Country
United States
A week before sowing grass seed I put out a starter fertilizer. After a week I cut the grass and aerated it. Then I put out the grass seed and waited for the rain. I did get rain for the next two days. I want a healthy lawn so bad. I have huge patches of clover and more patches of weeds. I read that the best way to get rid of weeds is to have thick grass to choke it out. Fingers crossed.
Keep it mowed and it will get thick.

Ask a Question