Hey from montana

Reaction score
My name is Susan Floerchinger. I love to write and have been published in a variety of arenas, poetry, op-ed pieces, technical, and others. I recently have been told that I am environmentally sensitive. So much so to the point that I have to get ride of practically every thing I own. I use to help in the family garden as a girl, then my own off and on when my children were growing up. Its been a while since I had a garden plot and am looking forward to getting dirty this spring, and learning what it is I have forgotten and beyond.

I currently live in South West Montana and the temperature here can get below zero and its been known to get in the triple digits every once in a while. I am looking to learn about growing food in containers, as well as in the garden itself. I want my garden to do more than just provide nutritious food for me, but for the soil, surrounding bugs and others who are beneficial to gardens, as well as how to keep out those critters that will make a garden slowly starve to death.

I also will need to learn how to store the harvest, and how much is needed to be considered sustainable. I look forward to delving into some of the blogs that will help me heal myself through my diet and replace many of the artificial fabrics that I have grown to be severely allergic to.

I also look forward to reading the blogs that are going to let me grow further in being a life, long Montana outdoors woman.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
welcome and hope you enjoy yourself and think of it as land love than work .I find it relaxing to just work in my yarden and enjoy the fresh air and outside noises

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums Susan! :)

Sorry to hear about your allergies, that must be really tough. Looking forward to hearing about your gardening plans!

Ask a Question