Help needed - Droopy Bird of Paradise

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! I am still learning the art of keeping plants alive and i need help with this potted Bird of Paradise plant. It is near a window that gets the morning light and the most light in the house. I've had the plant for about 4 or 5 months and water it about twice a week. It started drooping over in this direction about 2 months ago - I wrapped them around each other and it was fine until about a week ago. One of the larger stalks snapped over and another smaller one has snapped over. I live in NYC and its winter right now (although the room gets a lot of heat from radiator).

I have not fertilized the soil.

Please help!

Thank you!! :)

Attachments

• IMG_3079.JPG
    IMG_3079.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 1,635
  • IMG_3085.JPG
    IMG_3085.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 4,485
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi! :)

I suspect you're watering it too frequently. Its winter, a time when many plants go dormant so they don't need fertilizer or much water either. I'd let it dry out somewhat between waterings, and give it a thorough soak...Don't let it sit in a saucer of water though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
For future reference you can Google this: over-watering is the number one cause of plant failure or death. It's true. ;)
I hope your lovely plant makes it!

Ask a Question