Help identify! Vine?

Reaction score
Country
United States
What kind of vine is this? I'm using some greenery for a party and I want to make sure I don't use a poison ivy! I'm very amateur when it comes to plants! Thank you!❤️

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 241
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi! :) Definitely neither poison ivy or oak, that I am sure of. Otherwise I'm not sure. Looks sort of like honeysuckle so yes, knowing if it flowers would be helpful if you know that.

Where do you live? That could help narrow it down.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh great! I don't remember it flowering this year but I could be wrong. I live in the middle Tennessee area if that helps narrow it down! Now that you mention honeysuckle, I do remember that being there in years past but the mowers cut it all way back...maybe it has come back? It kind of has a light fuzz feeling to the leaves and vine.
Just really happy that it isn't poison ivy because I definitely want to use it for decorating!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Poison ivy: leaves of three, let it be. ;) No leaves of three there. And other irritating plants (like stinging nettles) tend to have sort of hairy foliage, or obvious thorns.

Most vining type plants are fairly hard to eradicate so cutting them back usually won't have much of an effect and it could easily come back.

I *think* you are fine to use that but disclaimer: I am ignorant about stuff that grows in southern climates!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well thank you for the helpful info! I have touched it and handled it, and so far I have only had a few mosquito bites that have come up itching! Hopefully I will be OK!! Thanks again from another friend who doesn't know much about things that grow in Southern climates!

Ask a Question