Hello From Sunny South Africa

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
South Africa
I'm an amateur green-thumb but with a deep and passionate love for everything outdoors.
My current obsession is my succulent collection, the quick propagation rate and stubborn hardiness of the succulents and cacti are truly addictive.
Being in a water scarce country we are very aware of having water wise plants.
I also faithfully plant and grow veggies every year, with varying degrees of success.
I look forward to sharing our gardening adventures!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome to the forum! Great to have you here :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there @MrsE. I love welcoming people to the forum, so a BIG WELCOME to you. I'm a fairly newcomer to the forum and I have a great time and learn so much every single time I come here. Look forward to great conversations from people all over the world. Nice pictures and reference material too. You're bound to have fun.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
Hello. I think we might have Mediterranean climate in common, we have similar conditions here in Southern California.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome MrsE I really like succulents & Cacti There are so many Different ones to chose from. This forum is a nice place to stop at I am finding, Enjoy:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
South Africa
Welcome (y).

What part of S.A. are you in?
In Port Elizabeth on the East Coast... also known as the Garden Route! We only recently moved here, it's my husband's home town, and I'm really looking forward to exploring.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
In Port Elizabeth on the East Coast... also known as the Garden Route! We only recently moved here, it's my husband's home town, and I'm really looking forward to exploring.

A nice area to be in. I used to work out there, on and off, from 1962-64. Been back a few times (y)

I like this statue that they erected to commemorate the horses that died in the Second Boer War.

122_2262.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
South Africa
A nice area to be in. I used to work out there, on and off, from 1962-64. Been back a few times (y)

I like this statue that they erected to commemorate the horses that died in the Second Boer War.

View attachment 10461
Hi Bootsy,
the family just told me that the statue has been vandalized a few times, they spray painted it green! But luckily the city seems to be good about dealing with vandals and are keeping the local statues clean. Thanks for sharing your lovely photo.

Reaction score
Hi there :) Welcome to the forum! It's nice to have you here, I must say I am also a big fan of succulents, mostly because they require so very little care and their water needs are so little :) Hopefully you will find this forum very useful and enjoy your stay :)

Ask a Question