Hello from sunny South Carolina

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Piedmont
Country
United States
Well not today. Today its partly cloudy and kind cold.

Hi everyone just looking around the web for a good gardening forum and this one looks nice and normal . :)

I just planted 3 different types of tomato seedlings, 3 types of peppers and some cucumbers. Hoping I didn't jump the gun and plant too early but forcasts look good for my area.

Just have 2 small front yard raised garden beds. Enough to feed my little family of 3.

I make pickles and pickled peppers and this year if I can get a good tomato crop I'd like to try canning some sauce or whole tomatoes.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sounds like a plan! did you plant the seeds indoors or direct in the earth? I imagine you'll be fine, I planted peas two weeks ago and they're up and happy even through all that cold we've had.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Piedmont
Country
United States
Sounds like a plan! did you plant the seeds indoors or direct in the earth? I imagine you'll be fine, I planted peas two weeks ago and they're up and happy even through all that cold we've had.
I actually bought seedlings. I would love to do seeds indoors but we live in very cramped 900 SF house lol and with a toddler it's interesting. I did plant some marigolds and nasturtiums from seed and will be planting basil and cilantro and bush beans from seed starting this weekend. I'm also experimenting with my new soaker hoses. IMG_20170321_163914.jpg
IMG_20170321_163914.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170321_163811.jpg
    IMG_20170321_163811.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 244
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Great to have you here, welcome aboard! (y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
A very warm welcome to you, Dawn!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Dawns....nice to see you :)
Tomatoes here too......lettuce, carrots, spring onions, beetroot and peas sown a few days ago. A beautiful spring day here in Cornwall UK. Cornwall has had the spring bug for a few weeks now....camellias, azaleas, rhododendrons, hellebores, etc., and the fields are full of daffodils. Love this time of year ;)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Dawn, I am new too and they seem pretty normal to me ;) loved your pics and reading about your growing so far and look forward to more :)

Ask a Question