Hello from sunny San Diego

JHB

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I live in San Diego county and bought my house about a 1.5 years ago. The yard was neglected badly for 10+ years from the look of it. I am still working to clear junk plants and trash but cleared out enough area to start planting this year.

I currently am growing tomatoes and peppers. I hope to get in beans and carrots too. I have planted a blood orange, Meyer lemon, cara cara naval orange, haas avocado and almond tree.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
You have a lot of excitement in store. As and when your efforts yield you will get a spring in your step.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Good to have you on board and sounds like your garden will yield lots of good things to eat. Blood orange tree would be a wonderful thing to have, and I love blood oranges.

Reaction score
Welcome to them forum, glad to have you on board :) and woah, an almond tree! Are those hard to grow? You must have a lot of space, best of luck with your cleaning and growing projects! I know that cleaning a space and specially getting rid of weeds in a big space isn't easy, but don't worry Rome wasn't built in one day (y)

JHB

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Welcome to them forum, glad to have you on board :) and woah, an almond tree! Are those hard to grow? You must have a lot of space, best of luck with your cleaning and growing projects! I know that cleaning a space and specially getting rid of weeds in a big space isn't easy, but don't worry Rome wasn't built in one day (y)

I have .44 acres, so not a huge amount of land but about twice the usual suburban lot.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome JHB. You'll be working hard for a while but seeing the progress is your bonus. :) I love the sound of the fruit trees, I wish I could grow them here.

JHB

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Good to have you on board and sounds like your garden will yield lots of good things to eat. Blood orange tree would be a wonderful thing to have, and I love blood oranges.

That poor tree was eaten by something soon after I planted it. I am working on it, and it will come back. I guess it just puts me back a year or two extra to get much fruit.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to Gardening Forums :)

Ask a Question