Heart-leaf Philodendron in tray?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
First...the heart-leaf I bought is a color that I don't see on Google images. It is the same color of a kiwi or a green apple. Is this color common??

My actual question...to provide a little bit of humidity...is it ok for these to be sitting in a tray of water on top of pebbles? The water will be below the pebbles and never touching the plant pot.

IMG-9102.JPG sour-apple.jpg kiwi.jpg

IMG-9100.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
That's fine. But a better idea is to mist the plant with a spray with an occasional feed. Just imagine where they live .. Some suggest daily.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
That's fine. But a better idea is to mist the plant with a spray with an occasional feed. Just imagine where they live .. Some suggest daily.
I have these plants on top of my bathroom cabinet and assumed the morning shower steam would be ok. I wanted to add a little extra source of moisture throughout the day.

But because of the size of the pot and the available space on top of the cabinet...I could not use a tray. I now have a smaller tray of water sitting next to it.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, in the bathroom! That's OK. The daily warmth and moisture would do more than good.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Paul, I think you have a neon philodendron :) there are many different types of heart leaf Phils... velvet leaf, Brazil/brasil, neon, etc. I love neon and have been wanting one myself.

Try googling neon philodendron:)

First...the heart-leaf I bought is a color that I don't see on Google images. It is the same color of a kiwi or a green apple. Is this color common??

My actual question...to provide a little bit of humidity...is it ok for these to be sitting in a tray of water on top of pebbles? The water will be below the pebbles and never touching the plant pot.

View attachment 32481 View attachment 32479 View attachment 32480

View attachment 32483
Hi

Ask a Question