Bleeding heart plants

Reaction score
hey guys, just thought I'd show you one of my favorite bleeding heart pics that i took earlier this spring. Now i just wish i had my red one in the picture with them.

20140214_115714-6_zps6588d91e.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
They're very pretty! Bleeding hearts are such cute plants, I really like them. I love everything that is heart-shaped:)

Reaction score
Those are beautiful. I've never seen that particular flower before. The red ones are my favorite of all the photos. They look like little valentine hearts.
Thank you for sharing your pics.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Ohh... I have seen some of these at the gardening exhibit and show I attended about a month ago. I wasn't able to get the name because we just passed by the booth. They're really beautiful. The ones I saw were pink. :)

Reaction score
I've always loved bleeding hearts and columbines. They remind me of my mom. When I was a kid we got some wild columbine from the woods. I'm sure bleeding hearts probably used to live in the woods too, but mom already had those when I was a kid so I'm not sure where she got them originally. I love how delicate they are.

Reaction score
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I love bleeding hearts! They are one of my favorite spring-time flowers. I have one that was separated and passed down from my grandmother, to my mother, and now to me. I hope that one day I can pass a piece of this plant onto my daughters and they can give it to their children. However, I have never seen red ones before. I am going to have to look into this variety and purchase this for my spring garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
As the Bleeding heart plant begins to yellow and wither away, foilage may be cut back to the ground as a part of care for the Bleeding heart.

Ask a Question