Have you ever seen a spider with a shell?

Reaction score
I think this spider with the mirror-like carapace is actually pretty.

24bd6c71737ab86ff899d170088b9377.jpg

Reaction score
This peacock spider is a beauty as well. There are many things in the world that are unnecessarily beautiful, as if God designed them to make people happy.

fd21c8001e1953aab565cb61bd179d50.jpg

Reaction score
This is definitely something new for me. hey learn something new every day. Its the first I've ever seen any of these.

Reaction score
A lot of the spiders that I see that have been posted are actually really pretty. I have never seen a spider with a shell in real life but I have ran across them online.

Reaction score
I have never seen a spider with a shell but if I did see one like that it would be very interesting to look at. In the past the spiders that I saw were really big and also small too. My grandmother was always so scared of spiders and she screamed when one came to visit her. If a spider came inside my home I would put it back outside. It would be nice to see a spider with a shell and maybe one day I'll come across one. I like those spider pictures that some of you posted here on this forum and yes it's true that there are also beautiful spiders in this world.

Reaction score
These would all be pretty amazing to see in person, however I have never experienced such thing!.

Reaction score
Eeek! This thread has me itching. I can totally appreciate and respect spiders, and all bugs, but sometimes I just can't take being too close to them, haha. :)

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
No I haven't but I would like to see one someday. Perhaps there is no such spiders like that here in the Philippines. Our spiders are usually small. They are harmless too but sometimes can be a nuisance. I have few spiders living in my room. I just leave them be because I respect all creatures big or small until they made too much spider web on the ceiling that it makes me feel suffocated. I remove the webs but I don't kill the spiders, the spiders eventually just move out. They are quite helpful by eating insects like mosquitoes. There are big spiders too but very rare. I saw one carrying her egg around on the way to the bathroom. I have so much respect for these creatures for being a very good mother.
hjv.PNG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow I never knew such a thing existed. Some of those pictures of spiders look really cool. Still I am really freaked out by insects, especially centipedes and millipedes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have never seen a spider with a shell and trust me I have seen my share. I was so curious I did a bit of a google search and I came up with a picture of a spined Macarathena spider . Is this what he looked like?
434385070.jpg

I have never seen a spider with shell on before! That's fascinating and hair raising at the same time! I am not fond of spiders, but I don't bother them either unless they are inside the house. Amazing of the different kinds of spiders.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I never thought I'd see photos of spiders that are actually pretty to see. Usually, like some of the other posters I scanned over, spiders freak me out! Jumping spiders! I think I would jump too. I have never heard of a spider with a shell. A little intimidating, but very interesting.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry hit the wrong button. Here is a pic of the spider you are describing. Found it in the darden today.
image.jpg

Ask a Question