Has anyone grew fenugreek?

Reaction score
I decided to grow fenugreek, because I've used it occasionally (in powder form) and I love variety in my herb garden. Fenugreek is a nice looking herb with green leaves trimmed in red. I assume that the spice comes from the roots, because the leaves don't give off the look of the spice. I was wondering if anyone uses fenugreek leaves to spice up their food.

Reaction score
I grow fenugreek.. and the leaves are lush green no red edging. I have grown them all my life because I love the herb and the spice. No, the spice is the seed, the plant has tiny flowers and beans that have those golden seeds. Fenugreek is excellent herb that aids digestion and helps control blood sugar levels. It is slightly bitter and you really have to get used to the flavour of the herb.

Reaction score
Thank you Maddie, I can't wait until they mature a little. I originally bought the seeds for sprouting purposes, so I may try sprouts a little later. I can't wait until I have fresh Fenugreek .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
I have sprouted fenugreek before, but I have never tried to just grow it myself. That sounds like a great idea. I wonder if I can just get the sprouting seed, ad plant some of that ? I don't see why it would not grow, if it is meant for sprouting.
I don't remember seeing little packets of fenugreek seeds at Lowes garden dept., but I will look next time I go there. They seems to have abut the best variety of seeds of any store that I go to.

I looked it up on YouTube , and found this awesome video.... It turns out that Fenugreek is actually a Superfood ! It is beneficial for a lot of symptoms, and has many nutrients.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have never even heard of that before. What does it taste like and what kind of foods do you add it to?

Ask a Question