Has anyone ever planted a "natural" garden? How did it work for you?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
:)
And I should add that the house that had fruit trees attracted large numbers of deer when we moved in. Except we moved in with three Rottweilers.:eek: ;) So even though there were fences and thankfully no interactions, the deer shortly crossed our property off our dining list. I think just the scent and presence of the dogs made the deer stay away.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I recently seen a show that showed how to plant a natural garden, the plants where not planted in rows but along sides of plants that it would benefit being next to. It was very interesting, the garden also look then a huge weed/overgrown forest patch but kind of in a whimsical way. Has anyone ever done this? I am interested in doing it, and if you have did it work well for you?
Just saw this, yes, date police I see it was from 2016. I would say, all my garden is "natural" I dislike the row look, unless its to dress the sides of curvy paths. My gardens are not always perfectly weeded, however, I have very few tough type weeds. and not all are perfectly mulched every year. With a natural garden, many plants are re-seeders, therefore mulching will hurt that process of getting a nice drift of something. It does take time. and always to pay attention of babies perking out from last year re-seeding not to pull them. Although not all my garden area are re-seeders, that would drive me nuts. So some are softer shrubs and larger plants that don't need much attention. Have to have balanced areas for the sake of the human.

In all this topic could be another good one to wake up. we do have some new folks here.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You could go for marigold, lavender (bee magnet), rosemary (fragrant ingredient for roasted chicken), echinacea, scented flowers which are supposed to ease anxiety and migraine ( saw it in Kent country show I think).

Ask a Question