Hardening off plants

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lupins will and do flower every year.....twice a year even three times if you deadhead promptly.
I have several varieties here....just a couple
You should post a video of you singing Lynn......we would like that ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1259.JPG
    IMG_1259.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_1265.JPG
    IMG_1265.JPG
    191.8 KB · Views: 274
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3a/3b
Country
Canada
Lupins will and do flower every year.....twice a year even three times if you deadhead promptly.
I have several varieties here....just a couple
They are beauitful!! And will make the perfect "fence":)

Anything I should know about planting them in ground?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya Lynn
Avoid too alkaline soils.....if slightly chlorotic spray a couple of times with epsom salts. Watch out for slugs and snails in early spring. Some goodness incorporated at planting time plus a handful of fish blood and bone every spring. Deadhead asap when spikes deteriorate.....the emergy then immediately goes into a further flush of flowers. After flowering is over in about mid summer, when second flush is over, cut back hard and feed. Then watch out for snails at this time. Look forward to flowers again in August or September :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3a/3b
Country
Canada
Hiya Lynn
Avoid too alkaline soils.....if slightly chlorotic spray a couple of times with epsom salts. Watch out for slugs and snails in early spring. Some goodness incorporated at planting time plus a handful of fish blood and bone every spring. Deadhead asap when spikes deteriorate.....the emergy then immediately goes into a further flush of flowers. After flowering is over in about mid summer, when second flush is over, cut back hard and feed. Then watch out for snails at this time. Look forward to flowers again in August or September :)
Thank you so much, I guess I should invest in a soil tester!

Ask a Question