Greetings from Nebraska

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hello, fellow garden enthusiasts! I have both a food and flower garden. Both are small due to lack of space, but I've got big plans for future gardens when I find a house with a bigger yard, including a butterfly garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Great job on still having a food and a flower garden despite limited space! Living in Japan right now, I totally understand what you mean when it comes to limited space -- I always like seeing and hearing about others having successful gardening experiences despite that! Welcome to the forums! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Now that's something I love to hear! (y) Make sure you use native plants in your butterfly garden!
My garden is similar to your prairie-style garden, only a bit smaller. I love/prefer native plants. Ultimately, I would like to create a Nebraska prairie in my back yard, with flowers, plants, and grasses, and an area to sit and watch bees, butterflies, and birds do there thing :)

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I would like to create a Nebraska prairie in my back yard, with flowers, plants, and grasses, and an area to sit and watch bees, butterflies, and birds do there thing :)

I share the same dream, only a Wisconsin version, of course!

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your stay here, I'm so looking forward to get to know your garden :) I hope you can post pictures of your garden soon! Best of luck with all those projects you have in mind right now! I'm sure that if you get any doubt on the way our experts here will be more than able to help you.

Reaction score
Hello, fellow garden enthusiasts! I have both a food and flower garden. Both are small due to lack of space, but I've got big plans for future gardens when I find a house with a bigger yard, including a butterfly garden.
Welcome! I am kind of also new here, but so far I've had loads of fun. I hope you going to have a lot of fun, too! And, by the way, don't worry there is a lot of time and you will get a bigger house with more place, with a big yard, and you will get all those gardens you want. It just takes time and patience! Wish you all the best, have fun!!

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
You are welcome to the forum. You can still plant some crops within your small yard. Consider having some green vegetables and onions. If you can still have more space then you can plant tomatoes. Welcome.

Ask a Question