Greetings from the Frigid North

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Hey all, I hail from Alberta, Canada. Looking to learn a bit about maintaining a garden and whatnot, I'm (probably) younger than most on these forums, 16 at the time of posting, 17 come July 11th. Hoping to join the Royal Canadian Air Force next year, and, with a measure of luck, get my pilot's license this summer.

Fuzzygreenery

The Noodle Hamster
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum, I'm from the terrible place that is the North West of England. I'm sure you can already see what city from my profile :p
At least you're not 14! No one takes me seriously on the internet, I think this is the only place that does :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I remember when I was 14 on the internet. Man, I even remember when I was 8 and my dad let me play Call of Duty World at War. Most people were actually nice on games like that back then, taught me how to play, etc. Nowadays you'd probably get cussed out or yelled at if you hopped on CoD and declared you were 8. Ah, well, we always got forums like this where the good in people hangs around.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Hello Belmont, welcome! There has been a few of us Albertans showing up here lately. I'm sure it's something in our water. Still snow on the ground this morning here in Calgary, how about where you are?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Yeah, lotsa snow here. The 2 types of terrain we have at the moment are foot-deep snow, and lake. Could float a canoe in a lot of the puddles 'round here. I live just west of Edmonton

Edit: Just looked outside, looks like it snowed last night

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
:)A warm welcome to you both @Belmont and @Fuzzygreenery.

I think we've had some little bits of conversation @Fuzzygreenery when your avatar was the Noodle Hampster (so funny). I never would have guessed you are 14. My impression has been that you are a riot, but very grown up(y)
There are other members here who have not yet reached 20 and i've been very impressed with the younger gen of gardeners. I don't think anyone would have guessed your ages if you hadn't fessed up:LOL:

Fuzzygreenery

The Noodle Hamster
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hahaha :p Aye @Beverly people say that about me a lot; middle aged mind, teenaged body! I think the younger people are all coming into the world of gardening now, especially now that even schools are getting kids more involved in it and the jobs that it creates. Maybe I'll just be the Noodle Hamster on every forum I go on and see how I look to people then :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Younger people are getting more into everything now, I think. Probably on account of the internet becoming easy and fast to access. Man I remember when I had a 56k dial up modem, made it hard to sneak out of my room and play games in the middle of the night

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Belmont and Fuzzygreenery. :) I'm probably the eldest one to post on this thread, oh to be back in my youth again, that was a long time ago! ;)

Ask a Question