Grass in my lawn never grew

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
It’s been 5,6 months since I have been trying to grow grass on my lawn, but I don’t know why it‘s not growing. The gardener tried it for the first time in March 2023, but after 2 months, the grass became dry and never grew again.

I have inquired with another gardener who stated that the best time to plant it is now. In August, he attempted it, but the grass became dry after 9-10 days (a common type of grass that grew in parks; Fine Dhaka I guess)

I have even asked my gardener if there is any spray or fertilizer available to grow it. He said, “No”. My lawn gets sunlight all day until 5:30 PM. I reside in Layyah and the current temperature is 35-38 degrees.

Is there a method, a fertilizer, or the best time to plan it? 🙇🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_2583.jpeg
    IMG_2583.jpeg
    317 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2582.jpeg
    IMG_2582.jpeg
    274.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2581.jpeg
    IMG_2581.jpeg
    253.3 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Whenever one plants grass, either from seeds or from sprigs, he MUST keep the soil moist at ALL times until the root system has enough time to grow large enough to support the plant during dry times. In temps as high as yours you will probably have to water at least 4 times per day for at least 2 weeks to keep the soil moist enough for root growth. Otherwise the tiny roots of the plants just dry out and the plant dies.

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Whenever one plants grass, either from seeds or from sprigs, he MUST keep the soil moist at ALL times until the root system has enough time to grow large enough to support the plant during dry times. In temps as high as yours you will probably have to water at least 4 times per day for at least 2 weeks to keep the soil moist enough for root growth. Otherwise the tiny roots of the plants just dry out and the plant dies.
Thank you so much! I think it’s all about “watering the ground correctly” because my gardener didn’t suggest soiling the ground deeply and I think my lawn is dry and that’s why the grass is not growing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thank you so much! I think it’s all about “watering the ground correctly” because my gardener didn’t suggest soiling the ground deeply and I think my lawn is dry and that’s why the grass is not growing.
The grass in those pictures looks dead. Don't use the same gardener. If he doesn't know one is supposed the keep the soil moist then he isn't much of a gardener.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Friend your new grass is not going to grow or be green when the temperatures are 35-38 degrees. Look at the other yards in your area are they green? Your Gardener probably knows what he is doing. However, you need to know how to water your own grass if you are going to grow it. It's the responsibility of the homeowner to water the grass, not the gardener.

Why, because you live there and have access to the soil conditions when the gardener doesn't. To have a gardener maintain the watering of your lawn, it will cost about $50.00 dollars an hour. That's the real reason why homeowners should water their own grass.

When Spring arrives your grass may green up. Keep us posted as time goes by so we can help you have and keep a pretty green lawn.

Ask a Question