Light green grass invading lawn

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've got a few patches on my lawn that are being invaded by some sort of light green grass. It's growing fine but I prefer the darker color. What can I do to get rid of this?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
It's hard to say without knowing the species of grass, if it's even grass; there are plenty of plants that look like grass that's not grass. For example in my area Yellow Nutsedge and Spiderwort kind of looks like grass, but they're not.

Got any close-up pics?

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's hard to say without knowing the species of grass, if it's even grass; there are plenty of plants that look like grass that's not grass. For example in my area Yellow Nutsedge and Spiderwort kind of looks like grass, but they're not.

Got any close-up pics?

It's definitely grass. See attached pics. This has been going on for a few years. It just keeps spreading out. Noticing some patches in other parts of my lawn as well. It's a nice, full growth but I just don't like the light green color. I prefer dark green much more. I'm wondering if simply over-seeding will work. Have not tried that yet.

Attachments

• IMG_1252.JPG
    IMG_1252.JPG
    422.3 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1253.JPG
    IMG_1253.JPG
    373.1 KB · Views: 133
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Yes, I agree it's all grass, but I can't tell from the pics if this is different species of grass. Maybe a nutrient issue in various parts of your lawn.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Another lawn care tip is to identify the type of turf grass you have. Bluegrass is the typical cool-weather grass while Bermuda grass is considered to be a warm-weather grass. Once you have correctly identified the kind of grass you have on your lawn, you can now adopt its specific maintenance care.

Ask a Question