Good afternoon

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello. Thanks for having me here.
When you have questions or answers it is a good thing to know where you are located. California and Maine and anywhere in between all have different answers.. If you would let us know where you are located it would be a great help

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
I have a PHD in handiology
Country
United States
Yeah I reckon I aught to have mentioned that. I'm currently living in SE Iowa.

I've been gardening off and on my whole life. But still have lots to learn. Just started composting last year. So I have a lot to learn there as well. Will check out the composting forum when I have a moment.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Yeah I reckon I aught to have mentioned that. I'm currently living in SE Iowa.

I've been gardening off and on my whole life. But still have lots to learn. Just started composting last year. So I have a lot to learn there as well. Will check out the composting forum when I have a moment.
Please update your profile so everyone will know and can see

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Welcome @Thumper...are you a wabbit? :) I think all good gardeners believe they have a lot to learn so you are in good company here. There is a lot of sharing of information going on with friendly folks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thank you for the warm welcome. @Chuck, I'll certainly update everything after work. I signed up at break.

@Beverly. Not a rabbit. But my leg does get to moving when my wife scratches me behind the ears.

The guys I ride with nicknamed me Thumper, so I tend to go by it. I think they nicknamed me that cause of the similarities between me and the old M79 grenade launcher. Or that's what I keep telling myself.

Anyway. I have more experience with food plots for wildlife than gardens. But reckon there's a lot of similarities. I've had a few mildly successful gardens in my adult life and helped my mom and grandpa when I was little. But yeah. Tons and tons to learn still. I'm glad to hear that y'all enjoy sharing ideas. My wife however has a black thumb. She killed a cactus within a week of getting it when we first married.
Anyway. Thanks again. I'll update everything in a few hours.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: @Thumper ...i was just testing my logic, so all wabbits are named Thumper, but not all things named Thumper are wabbits. Whew, i'm glad i got that straight. I am one of the people here who garden for wildlife by providing habitat for pollinators, hummingbirds, butterflies and moths, etc. Nothing much in my garden to feed people. I have parsley, but it is a host plant for Black Swallowtail caterpillars. I have to buy the parsley i use for cooking at the store.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It is fun to see the little mini ecosystems like that @Beverly. I mainly cater to game animals in my food plots. But all the wildlife in the area benefit from them. I mainly plant for deer and phesant. But the entire spectrum of animals grow healthier. I did however suffer a total loss last year due to a bunch of feral hogs that moved in. But we thinned them out. Ate the entirety of the purple top raddishes that would have fed the deer population on my land through the winter in an evening.

But yeah any who. Off to read some of the forum now that I'm finally home.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome Thumper! I just read your morel post...I'm curious so I'm gonna go bump it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thanks again. I'll try to get on YouTube and check them out. But as Sunday is my only day off right now I'm pretty busy. We just started up a new factory and are running six ten hour days till September.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thank you. I posted in that morel thread. But it's awaiting moderator approval. So check back.

Ask a Question