Morning Sun and afternoon sun

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hi all,

I purchased my first house last fall when all the flowers and such were bloomed and beautiful from the previous owners. Then winter happened and now come spring all the flowers and shrubs died and my grass looks burnt (if that's a thing). I have off this week and planned on getting personnal with my lawn giving it some TLC but I found I have a problem. The back of my house has a flower bed that only gets morning sun as it's directly east and the flower bed in the front of my yard only gets afternoon sun as it's directly west. I'm not sure what I can plant that will survive in these areas. And before I get all full swing into this, is it to early to be working on the yard in the season? Thanks so much to any and all that have advice,

The noob to lawn care :unsure:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Our friend, @Logan , "creates" light by using "foil paper"

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It is too early right now. :( :cry: It's killing me, but I just don't trust this crazy weather.

6b, like me, you probably should wait 'til around Mother's Day. Mid-May is pretty much the last time it could frost. Although, so help me, if the gladiolas come back, I'm just going to declare myself 7a, and act accordingly. :cautious:

If it was beautiful last fall from the previous owners...are you sure nothing they planted was perennial? It really taxed my patience, but when I first rented this house, I made myself container garden the first year, just so I could see what came up, where and when. (y)

I'm glad I did, I inherited a lot of nice plants! :D

Ask a Question