Garlic 2021 season

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well, that clarifies a lot of possible misunderstanding. I often think that it doesn`t matter how long I have been gardening (hundreds of years) there is always going to be something else I can learn.
A really good snippet for ''over the garden fence'' chatter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6/7
Country
United States
Calling a plant a leek that smells like garlic, looks like garlic, tastes like garlic and grows like garlic brings up a question. Why is a Peanut called a peanut when it is truly not a nut at all but Legume.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Look what I found whilst looking for recipes ! My old mum used to say ''he who lives longest will know most''

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6/7
Country
United States
The Elephant Garlic being closely related to the Leek isn't recent news to me. Nearly 40 years ago, on a popular state university weekly gardening site, that was mentioned by a gardening expert that was probably 30 years my senior at the time of the show.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just stuck my cloves into the wet ground about an inch without digging and covered them with 2 inches of half finished composted cow manure and covered with it with straw. Hope they grow
I planted some garlic clove sections that sprouted in my fridge! I waited a season and they grew to a very large whole bulb! You can do the same thing with an onion that sprouts! Gardening rocks!

Ask a Question