Gardening Programs

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Zigs, Thanks for making these videos so easy for me to find. I have really enjoyed watching them. :love: We don't have many gardening programs in the states and these are great quality. Sure beats sifting through YouTube with my usual poor results.:notworthy:

I feel like I am getting spring early :D

Reaction score
Thanks for posting all of those Zigs, really good reading. I haven't had a chance to get through all of them but will when I can. UTube can be a pain to wade through even if you are familiar with it, thanks for simplifying the process.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
This will be my favorite place to visit. I love the idea of using nature to replace the drugs that have been sold over the counter for so long. I would much rather go the garden and get what I need to ease aches and pains. A cup of tea is often my answer for a lot of things. Once my girls learned that there are several types of tea and how they can help relieve things like craps, headaches and stress they understood why I love tea.

Thanks for this very educational section of the forum.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Glad you like it Pat :) Did you mean to say Cramps?

Reaction score
It's such a pity we don't really have gardening programs of our own in my country, but I remember some years ago when we had a different cable provider, that there was a channel with several gardening programs from the US! I loved that channel! Thanks for sharing this, Zigs (y):love:

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for sharing this video, it's still there and I'm watching it right now! It's such a pity the BBC removes it from YouTube all the time :( I bet I'd enjoy watching all the episodes of this program, it's so interesting and love the atmosphere! You can tell the hosts love to do what they are doing ;)(y)

Reaction score
These programs have their charm, don't they? I just love the TV shows that come from across the ocean, specially this ones! Love the accent :love: Way easier to understand than the American variant. Very delightful programs :love:, thanks for sharing.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Glad you like them, less shouty than some of the American ones :D

Reaction score
Hahaha, yeah!!!! I thought I was the only one who thought most American programs were too shouty! Even the cooking ones :D:p

Reaction score
Thank you Zigs! I loved watching "Square foot gardening" on PBS years ago, but it has changed so much, more about flowers. Don't get me wrong, I like flowers, but they are the "extras". Growing food and herbs are my main goals.

In the USA it seems all our programming these days is about real estate. I am looking forward to watching each and every one of the videos.

Reaction score
Zigs, once again you knocked it out of the park! Really good videos although it will be a bit before I get through them. Thanks for posting those for us.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Glad about that :D

Me too, lol! @Pat, most medicines came from plants to begin with. Commercial drugs are higher concentrations of the things that help the body heal. This is both good and bad because herbs work slowly. These days one only has to turn on the TV to see why so many new drugs are so bad.

@Meowmie, there are lots of flowers worth growing in a square foot garden that are beneficial from chamomile to bee balm. Even roses can provide you with vitamin C.

Ask a Question