Garden in a railing - cool idea!

Reaction score
This is a great idea. In my tiny yard I try to make use of every bit of space I have. I think that an herb garden on the railing right out side my front door makes so much sense. It would be easy to get to when I am cooking and need it. It would be easy to keep the weeds under control. I wish I could run down to my local Home Depot and pick one up. I need to look into how hard this will be to build on my own.

Reaction score
I like that idea, a garden in a railing. I also want to try it and apply on my outdoor living space but instead of that plant I put an orchid.

Reaction score
Oh wow, I love Maddie' s pic, the one with a row of containers on the railing. I'm planning to have railing plants for some privacy too but it will take time.

Reaction score
The pallet garden looks cool too but I have doubts on whether it is easy to maintain.

Reaction score
This one is a keeper for sure and it's the first that i am actually seeing something of this nature...it's a must i have to show this to my fiancee...these ides really motivates me to work harder to own a place of my own.

Reaction score
Awesome idea, I really love it! I'm not sure I'll ever try it, but I admit it's a wonderful idea, specially if you don't have enough space to grow herbs and their plants. It's a very smart way to use the space you might not have!

Reaction score
.Here is another picture I found.. I really think these are cool. For people with less space a definite boon :)

greenbo1.jpg

And some innovation here
stock-photo-planter-hanging-on-railing-with-beautiful-flowers-and-plants-15796702.jpg

I totally loved the second one!!!! It's so lovely! I'd definitely give it a go, it looks gorgeous and looks doable, there are some projects out there that don't look doable at all, but this one is definitely doable :) I love that!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
This looks good! If we have a railing, I will consider having a garden on it, too. I think that this will also make the terrace safe because children will not be tempted to climb it.

Ask a Question