Frost damaged bay tree

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have a little bay tree - it's a few years old. It's pruned to look like a little ball on top of a stick - if that makes sense.

This year we had a couple of weeks where it barely got above freezing and almost all of the leaves are brown. I can see a couple of green ones in the center.

Is this likely to come back from the dead, and if so what should I do to help it?

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
If you can see green, yes it will come back. I have one that has been completely frozen back several times including 11 deg. F this past winter and it is coming back...slowly.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I have a little bay tree - it's a few years old. It's pruned to look like a little ball on top of a stick - if that makes sense.

This year we had a couple of weeks where it barely got above freezing and almost all of the leaves are brown. I can see a couple of green ones in the center.

Is this likely to come back from the dead, and if so what should I do to help it?
If it's fairly easy, suggest removing dead growth. Sound like there is a chance it will bounce back.

Ask a Question