For all our Chicken keepers

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The UK government is consulting on a plan to make all poultry keepers register their birds.

Now if I was a trusting bloke I would accept their reason which is to keep an eye on Avian flu outbreaks.

But I don't trust them at all on account they lie to us at most opportunities so I'm more inclined to think that this is a stocktaking/control measure that will make it easier to cull our flocks for whatever devious reason they have
:suspicious:

I've already filled in their consultation form telling them that I don't believe their reasons and that if I want to keep chickens it's none of their business and that they have no assumed right of access to my land :stig:

The document is here...

https://consult.defra.gov.uk/poultr...3/consultation/subpage.2023-03-02.6293264592/

Please tell them what you think before they come for your chickens, parrots, budgies etc.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The government tried the same thing here a few years back. They wanted ranchers to register ALL of their animals but never did give a good explanation why. I forget their reasoning but everyone I know figured it was a way to add another tax. Thankfully it didn't pass

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We had a similar census in 1086 Chuck, it's just that the Norman invaders were more honest about it back then. They just wanted to know exactly what it was that they'd stolen :rolleyes:

I should add that while in the past I've kept lots of chickens but I don't look after any at the moment. The consultation is open to all, even if you don't have chickens at the moment it's very important to have your say now before it's too late.

Ask a Question