Hi guys. My leaf is sick. What should I do =`(

How to address this issue? It's all over now

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-07 at 2.44.38 PM.jpeg

mandy1010

love plants :)
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Looks like powdery mildew, I would recommend to prune and throw the infected leaves away and use a fungicide.

mandy1010

love plants :)
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Welcome to the forum @doremon. Powdery mildew does not look like that !! Are those small flies? I cannot tell from your photo.
Oh, I'm sorry about that. I wasn't too sure either, perhaps others here would be much better at identifying this than myself.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please don`t apologise @mandy1010 - it could easily be me who is wrong, and I think there`s more than one kind of powdery mildew too. It is never easy to identify things from photos anyway, and it`s always better if we club together on our ideas. I found this picture of the mildew
1602085693763.png
and this one of whitefly
1602085799376.png
so who knows ??? :confused:

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Thank you guys for welcoming and responding to my thread. After googling up and a few of my friend's opinion said If the brownish able to wipe it off means is either spider mites or mealybugs. They propose to use pic below:
hee1.JPGhee.JPGWhatsApp Image 2020-10-07 at 4.47.27 PM.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That is scale - insects which leave a sticky mess and can eventually kill your plant. You need to take off any badly infected leaves and burn them, and then use cotton wool pads and rub all the rest off with alcohol. The alcohol should clean the plant well enough.
Do it straight away before the infection gets too bad.
It really is not necessary to automatically use chemicals - nature`s way is often best, reserving those chemicals for very very rare occasions.

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
That is scale - insects which leave a sticky mess and can eventually kill your plant. You need to take off any badly infected leaves and burn them, and then use cotton wool pads and rub all the rest off with alcohol. The alcohol should clean the plant well enough.
Do it straight away before the infection gets too bad.
It really is not necessary to automatically use chemicals - nature`s way is often best, reserving those chemicals for very very rare occasions.
Thank you so much for your kind reply. Very helpful. As mentioned it's Scale insects. So can I use this (Picture below)
WhatsApp Image 2020-10-07 at 4.47.27 PM.jpeg
To be honest, I have no time for all this rubbing scrubbing. If not because of my boss I won't care at all. So just need a spray to do the trick. Thank you =`)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You really need to burn the infected leaves. If the worst of them are not removed I reckon the plant will die.

Ask a Question