Fiddle Leaf Fig leaf veins turning brown

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have several fiddle leaf figs that I've had for years. Three of them share a window and one of those three started to develop brown veins with yellow surrounding. These leaves are in the center of the tree and drop off. I've lost 4 leaves so far and see 2 more developing the same issue. I've never seen anything like it and am not sure how to solution. I water all of my fiddle leaf figs once per week. This particular fiddle is smaller than the others but in a same size pot so I don't think it's due to be repotted. My gut tells me there is a deficiency in the soil. Anyone know what's happening?

Attachments

• BA2176CD-9D4E-43CD-89EC-E15FF644702E.jpeg
    BA2176CD-9D4E-43CD-89EC-E15FF644702E.jpeg
    176.6 KB · Views: 553
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have several fiddle leaf figs that I've had for years. Three of them share a window and one of those three started to develop brown veins with yellow surrounding. These leaves are in the center of the tree and drop off. I've lost 4 leaves so far and see 2 more developing the same issue. I've never seen anything like it and am not sure how to solution. I water all of my fiddle leaf figs once per week. This particular fiddle is smaller than the others but in a same size pot so I don't think it's due to be repotted. My gut tells me there is a deficiency in the soil. Anyone know what's happening?
I am having the same issue with my fiddle--wondering if you ever figured out what it was? Thanks!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Never figured it out but what seems to work is hydrogen peroxide. I mix one parts hydrogen peroxide with one parts water and pour the mixture over the soil. It stops the leaves from advancing. When they start up again a few months later, I do the mixture again.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Never figured it out but what seems to work is hydrogen peroxide. I mix one parts hydrogen peroxide with one parts water and pour the mixture over the soil. It stops the leaves from advancing. When they start up again a few months later, I do the mixture again.
Thanks so much!! I will try that, fingers crossed

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If the peroxide is working then it sounds like the roots arent getting enough oxygen for some reason. Overwatering and compacted soil could be a factor.

Reaction score
Country
United States
No you are keeping the soil too wet. The excess pressure caused by over-watering is bursting the leaf veins. If your pot is small and you have to water it too often it may be time to up-pot into a larger container. Very gently tip the plant out of the container and look at the roots and if it is full time to up pot.

Ask a Question