PLEASE HELP! Fiddle Leaf Fig dropping leaves, browning/yellowing leaves ;(

Reaction score
Country
United States
WE NEED YOUR HELP! We've had this fiddle leaf plant for close to a year.
We water it once a week, don't give it a ton of water since we were concerned about overwatering.
It's done alright for the most part but it's always had minor issues - but recently started to drop leaves starting with browning on the edges and yellowing leaves. It seems to impact the lower leaves more than the ones on the top. But they do have small white spots which can't be wiped off. Not sure what it might be - could it be signs of a bacterial infection?
We were concerned it was root rot but we've checked the roots multiple times and see no black or squishiness in the roots.
What are we doing wrong? Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_8736.jpeg
    IMG_8736.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_8737.jpg
    IMG_8737.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_8731.jpeg
    IMG_8731.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_8732.jpeg
    IMG_8732.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_8733.jpeg
    IMG_8733.jpeg
    121.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_8735.jpeg
    IMG_8735.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 94
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi Fiddlewiddle,

I have just diagnosed spidermite in my own fiddle leaf fig. This does not look all that similar but try using wet paper towel and wiping the underside of the leaves. If you see any rust colouring you may have the same trouble I have. I ran my fiddle under the shower to remove most of the mites (can use a hose too) being careful to get each leaf and its underside, then I used eco-neem oils and spreayed every single leave and stem top and bottom. Now time to wait

Hope your fiddle pulls through!

Keeksfig

Ask a Question