First thing you ever grew?

Reaction score
I just put on my balcony my first herbs, just few weeks back! There isn't a lot of space, and it's mostly shady all year long, so I'm limited to what I can grow, but it's still nice to try.
The first one I did grow was mint, because I heard it doesn't require too complex care, and can grow in shade. The idea of mint tea was also nice. Strangely I read that it needs a lot of water- basically daily- but it started to grow faster when I stop putting so much water...
What was the first thing you ever grew?

Reaction score
First plant I ever grew was a tomato plant. It grew wonderfully and I was so excited that I could GROW something! I love nature and the thought of being able to work with nature to create things, things beautiful, useful and EDIBLE was awesome.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
The first herb I've ever grown was mint. I've always had a soft spot for it, becuase my mother used to grow it in our garden when I was a kid. The beautiful smell of mint reminds me of childhood:)

Reaction score
I first gave growing a shot with hops for homebrewing. I planted two rhizomes three years ago and they're still doing great. Insanely hearty plants.

Reaction score
First plant I ever grew was a tomato plant. It grew wonderfully and I was so excited that I could GROW something! I love nature and the thought of being able to work with nature to create things, things beautiful, useful and EDIBLE was awesome.
I love tomatoes! I was so reluctant to try growing them though, when I was little my grandparents had them, and I always remember them as a plant with a lot of bugs on it. I only have balcony space now, so that doesn't sound appealing.
The first herb I've ever grown was mint. I've always had a soft spot for it, becuase my mother used to grow it in our garden when I was a kid. The beautiful smell of mint reminds me of childhood:)
That's sweet:). My mom used to say that if you drink mint tea without sugar in the morning, instead of coffee, it clears your skin. I think it actually did for the little while I managed to follow that advise(I'm a coffee-addict, it's hard:p).
I first gave growing a shot with hops for homebrewing. I planted two rhizomes three years ago and they're still doing great. Insanely hearty plants.
That sounds amazing. I wasn't sure what rhizomes were(never heard it in English I guess), so I googled them, and they are from my favorites:).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
That's sweet:). My mom used to say that if you drink mint tea without sugar in the morning, instead of coffee, it clears your skin. I think it actually did for the little while I managed to follow that advise(I'm a coffee-addict, it's hard:p)
I think I'll give it a try! My skin looks quite healthy now, but I want to take a really good care of it. Like you, I love coffee and I'm addicted to it, but I never drink it in the morning, because for some reason it doesn't give me any energy. I could start my day with a cup of mint tea:)

Last edited:

Ask a Question