Finally, Chocolate Mint Tea

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Now that my chocolate mint has plenty to give, I collected a handful of leaves and boil them up for tea. These leaves seem to yield a nice color and give in plentiful. I was able to make about four cups of tea out of them.
IMG_1650.JPG

I drink it with a tat of organic honey, and I love every sip in the early chilly morning. It tasted minty and "chocolatety"!

Reaction score
Nice!! I really need to find some chocolate mint where I am going. Your tea looks delicious and I can see you were having company ;) Glad you both could enjoy it, plan to od the same in my garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Nice! Now you've got me intrigued and wanting to get some chocolate mint and planting it. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
That looks so inviting. We do not get chocolate mint here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This tea looks very tasty! I must give it a try too. Ever since I remember, I've always been a tea addict:) I'll buy chocolate mint as soon as I move to the new apartment. Currently, all my things are packed, so I can't plant or cook anything.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice!! I really need to find some chocolate mint where I am going. Your tea looks delicious and I can see you were having company ;) Glad you both could enjoy it, plan to od the same in my garden.

Oh I wish I could give you some cuttings as they are so easy to grow, and no, the tea was just for me to enjoy, no company :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This tea looks very tasty! I must give it a try too. Ever since I remember, I've always been a tea addict:) I'll buy chocolate mint as soon as I move to the new apartment. Currently, all my things are packed, so I can't plant or cook anything.

Sorry to hear about that @claudine and I wish your process of moving goes smoothly. Not being able to cook is the hardest thing since eating out can get very boring :)

Reaction score
Oh I wish I could give you some cuttings as they are so easy to grow, and no, the tea was just for me to enjoy, no company :)

Oh my bad, it´s just I saw two glasses :whistle: Does this variety of mint help with stomach issues as well? I ask because my dad used his mint (the most common variety) for that and it did seem to help.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The color of your tea looks amazing and I bet it tastes good too. I have never tried chocolate mint, is it as strong as regular mint plants? I would like to get a plant so I can extract the mint flavoring to put in ice cream and other desserts.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The color of your tea looks amazing and I bet it tastes good too. I have never tried chocolate mint, is it as strong as regular mint plants? I would like to get a plant so I can extract the mint flavoring to put in ice cream and other desserts.

It has a very pleasant taste, like a touch of mint, and a touch of chocolate in the tea. I grow it in a pot just to keep it from spreading, and I am ready for another dose of chocolate mint tea! The smell is just delightful.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I have an idea. How about adding cocoa to green mint and get what @IcyBC is getting (lol)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Someone recently gave me chocolate mint plants. They are in a little cup with malabar spinach and both need to be transplanted. So many things need to be transplanted right now... there just never seems to be enough time in the day to get to everything.

Reaction score

Ask a Question