Fiddle leaf fig with root rot

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I’m pretty sure my fiddle has root rot. The other day I repotted it and then watered it with a water/hydrogen peroxide mix( I’ve heard that’s like a medicine for root rot), but my fiddles leaves continue to turn a soft brown. The browning definitely did slow down after I repotted though. Any tips on helping it further to recover, or is my plant too far gone and I should propagate the top? Oh, and it has been putting out a new healthy leaf through all this!

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 85

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to GF
The leaves doesn't look too bad, I would wait and see but be careful on the watering, over watering house plants is very common and can lead to a dead plant. Just take off the bad leaves.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don’t know if anyone will see this, but my fiddle stopped browning and now has a new leaf growing AND two green buds near the base of the plant!!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thats wonderful! I'm a newbie to the plant world and have had this wonderful opportunity to rehabilitate a dwarf fiddle leaf fig. I've had it for about 9 months. It sounds like I might have the same issue your plant experienced. Any suggestions on what I might be able to do? (I did repot it 2 months ago, but our weather has see-sawed and not sure if that likely contributed).

Attachments

• IMG_3020.JPG
    IMG_3020.JPG
    201.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3021.JPG
    IMG_3021.JPG
    178.3 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3022.JPG
    IMG_3022.JPG
    216.6 KB · Views: 98

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Thats wonderful! I'm a newbie to the plant world and have had this wonderful opportunity to rehabilitate a dwarf fiddle leaf fig. I've had it for about 9 months. It sounds like I might have the same issue your plant experienced. Any suggestions on what I might be able to do? (I did repot it 2 months ago, but our weather has see-sawed and not sure if that likely contributed).
Hi and welcome to GF
I'd would have waited until the warmer weather to repot it. Did you plant it at the same depth as it was?
Looks like the leaves have got a bit damaged or some water has got on the leaves. It won't grow much until the spring.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks Logan for the kind reply. I re-potted when I first received it almost at the same level I received it. Neighbor was about to throw it out - at the time there were 1 or 2 brown spots. I'll take your advice and try to repot it again as our weather is starting to warm up.

I keep the plant indoors in our covered patio. I have a moisture meter and try to water near the base when dry. Its possible water may have gotten onto the leaves, but not sure how - didn't think it would aggressively turn brown.

Ask a Question