Sick Fiddle leaf fig

Mel

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi Guys,
I picked up a beautiful full leafed plant however last week I had 5 leafs drop off from the bottom. I drove to my local flower power and took him with me, however the horticulturalist insured me he looked healthy . After I brought him back home the top leaves looked sunburned and has only just gotten worst. I called up flower power and they informed me to cut the leaves.
My question is why are my leaves browning and dropping? Browning starting from the edges . I’m not over watering , every 10 days giving a good drink, also with seaweed spray. Leaves are also droopy, I don’t know what to do please help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 98

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @Mel and welcome to the gardeners forums
Has it got any drainage in the pot that it's in? A lot of plants die because of over watering. Here is 2 videos that might help.

Mel

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi Guys,
I picked up a beautiful full leafed plant however last week I had 5 leafs drop off from the bottom. I drove to my local flower power and took him with me, however the horticulturalist insured me he looked healthy . After I brought him back home the top leaves looked sunburned and has only just gotten worst. I called up flower power and they informed me to cut the leaves.
My question is why are my leaves browning and dropping? Browning starting from the edges . I’m not over watering , every 10 days giving a good drink, also with seaweed spray. Leaves are also droopy, I don’t know what to do please help
Hello @Mel and welcome to the gardeners forums
Has it got any drainage in the pot that it's in? A lot of plants die because of over watering. Here is 2 videos that might help.

thanks heaps logan

I gotta get him out and check the roots and trim the leaves off. I’ll see how I go . Thank you again for your videos

Ask a Question