Felt As If My Garden and Yard Were Not My Own....

Reaction score
Last year we did not have a garden due to lots of rain and the garden area was too wet. We were also working on major indoor projects such as tiling the kitchen and bathrooms as well as putting down hard wood flooring in the dining room and hallway.

Well while hubby was working he got several free pallets from work and started building furniture with these pallets. This was great. It is something he enjoys doing and gives him a creative outlet. Not to mention that I now have a nice huge hutch in my dining room and he is building me a sideboard to go along with it as well.

Now on to the problem.... the wood is piled up in the side yard right beside of the house. You see it as soon as you come around the curve in the drive way. I asked him several times to straighten it up or move it out of the line of site of the house and visitors to no avail. I got really upset and rather depressed over the matter to be truthful. No matter what I said he has refused to move this pile of lumber. It made the yard and the house look horrible no matter how pretty our flowers and trees are. I just gave up on my yard and my garden for this very reason.

Now comes my saving grace. Our landlord is going to be doing inspections in June. Hubby is picking up his younger cousin to come here this weekend and he is going to relocate and restack the lumber so that it looks more presentable and is out of eyesight of the house and visitors. I am so happy about this! Now I can get back into the groove of keeping the garden and yard producing and pretty.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
My husband is a musician. There are amps, cords, instruments, and pedals everywhere. I know how it feels.

1146716_612889548756500_1765759979_n.jpg

;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This is great news! Soon, your yard will look beautiful again:)
In my opinion the best way to motivate men to help is to compiment them often. This method has always worked for me. They sometimes ignore complaining, but they never ignore compliments:cool: I'd say to him: 'you are so strong and so manly, could you please help me move the lumber? It's too heavy for me':p

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
That beat you going out into the yard and start to move it your self, that has worked in the past for me. Happy to hear you can get back to your yard and your plants.

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. The job is done! I am so happy about it. :D;) Now to get back to enjoying my yard and garden!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
:LOL:It's lucky Shellyann wasn't holding her breath hey! I do understand how frustrating it is. I'm a "There's no time like the present" person. My neighbour and I joke about the fact that when we want something done we want it done yesterday but today will do,:confused:! My husband is a "There's no time like any other time" kind of guy. :mad::LOL: So sometimes I'm a little frustrated and so is he! I really do as much as I physically can, lifting and laying stepping stones, swinging the mattock., digging big holes etc. I do as much as I can to keep the asking, some may call it nagging, to a minimum!;) It usually works out quite well:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I'm fortunate to have a husband who is neat with our garden. In fact, he is a gardener by heart so he is the one cleaning the garden of weeds or dirt except when he is busy with work that he would delegate to the housemaids. Our backyard is also our stock area but we try to maintain it by having things arranged neatly like the extra LPG tan, the old fountain, extra tiles, etc.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Fantastic news! I know how it feels to look at a mess all the time and lose inspirations or motivations to do things. Glad it all worked out, and I think I will adapt @claudine 's idea about complimenting my sons more often to get the job done :)

Ask a Question