Favorite season for gardening?

Reaction score
What's everyone's favorite season for gardening? I guess most people's will be spring or summer due to their climate.

I'm actually not sure what my favorite growing season is because here in Florida we can garden year round and each season means different crops. Winter means citrus, lettuce, broccoli and other cold loving veggies. Spring means loquats and blackberries. Summer and fall means pindo palm fruit and figs. Etc etc.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
When I lived in California I could grow different plants all year also and I really liked that. Now I live in the Mid-Atlantic area which gets pretty cold in the winter and like most of the East coast this year we have had more than our share of snow and extremely cold weather. We hope to see spring very soon here which will start our growing season.

Spring for us is usually 1 week and then we are into summer weather. The end of April will be warm and most gardens will be set up by then if the weather cooperates, it rains a lot here also during Spring. Summer here gets too hot for new plants.

I am ready to get out into the yard and get it ready but sill way to cold. Spring is my favorite time to get started.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
My favorite season for gardening is spring:) During winter, I always miss my plants very much, so I look forward to warmer days. Spring in my country is gorgeous! Everything grows, everything blooms. It feels like a waste to stay inside and not to enjoy the weather.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
So do I Claudine
P1030002_1.JPG
P1020993_1.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
These pictures are beautiful, Scotkat! Were they taken this year? I'm so happy that spring is almost here! I missed it dearly! There is nothing more pleasant than working in a garden when every little plant grows as fast as possible and blooms:)

Reaction score
Spring is definitely my favorite season. While I like to harvest my veggies (and that is later in the year), I am eager now. Spring has not hit yet, but I feel it getting close. I think it is the anticipation of getting to the garden and starting on projects that makes spring the best season for me. I love seeing those first seedlings popping up through the soil.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Yes Claudine these photos were taken yesterday.

Ask a Question