Favorite gardening tool

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I think my favorite tool is my leaf vacuum/ blower that will mulch the leaves, living with RA I like thing that make life easy and this saves me time and not bending as much.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
best purchase would be, to pay for someone to rake the leaves. But, other than that, we have, ridding mower, push mower, rakes, shovels, spades, bulb diggers, leaf blowers, tarps, seed spreader, hoses, trimmers, saws, chain saws, gas splitter, pitch fork, hoes, fence diggers, pick fork, snow shovels, wheel barrels, chipper, (my leaves will choke a vacuum blower). think that is all I can recall.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Best of all would have to be my Swiss left handed secateurs with a swivel handle They are the best Secs I have ever had!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
You're going to laugh, but my best gardening tool is a simple flat-head long handled screwdriver. I use it to dig out weeds from the roots. I have 3/4 inch granite rock in my front yard, and pea gravel in my backyard. I live in the desert southwest and have no grass. I tried growing winter rye grass, but it didn't do well. In the summer I tried growing Bermuda grass, and the amount of water it needed and maintenance just wasn't worth it to me. So, I switched to rock and some desert plants.

I place the screwdriver business end into the rock and down into the soil, and give it a slight twist and up pops the weed. It's very simple and easy to do. My rock is a very thick layer, so not much light enters the soil, which prevents weeds from growing. Most of the weeds are in the perimeter near the sidewalk where the rock layer is thinner.

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
Most of my gardening tools are the tools that need to be used manually.

I have a rake. It is easy to use rake because of its long handle and a row of pointed spikes. Rake has various uses for instance, gather fallen leaves as well as smooth the soil. Shovel is also a very handy gardening tool.It is also multi purpose equipment.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
My favorite garden tool is the cutter - that tool that looks like pliers but with sharp blades. I regularly do the cutting of twigs and small branches that are extending on the pahways. Like the plants beside the doorway, they needed to be trimmed regularly so they don't look bad. I don't handle the trowerl because it is a symbol of dirty work. I just leave that to my husband who is the real gardener in the house.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
mine, hands down is my front tine tiller! our soil is lots of rock w/ compacted clay. about the worst soil you can imagine! rear tine tillers can't even handle it and break! it took me 2 summers of tilling , rock removal and lots of soil amendments before i could even consider planting my raspberries. the patch is 10' by 20' and i bet i took a good p'up load of rocks out of there! hand tools aren't even a option unless you used a pick axe! I'm doing raised beds for the rest of my gardens. more expensive but no rocks!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
This question made me stop and really think since I have several tools that I love, but I'm going to have to go with....the shovel. I picked the shovel because I use it for multiple purposes and I love scooping up compost with it.

Ask a Question