Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I remember the Andrew Sisters

I've got that 45 in one of my jukeboxes.

This is the "B" side.

My wife said she'd heard this tune in an episode of "Cold Case" on TV and could I get the record? All she could tell me was that it was a tune about Coca Cola, but I knew what it could only be. I got it on eBay, it had to come from the Netherlands and cost me thirteen quid! The most I've paid for a 45.

I taught myself to play that Skeeter Davis tune today, "I can't stay mad at you."

It's a bit ironic as as Carole King wrote the music and Gerry Goffin the lyrics.

She must have "got mad" permanently at his infidelities as she eventually divorced him.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I only knew about the Andrew Sisters because my mom used to watch the old films. Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodgers and all the old films around that time.
Mom got a portable tv in her bedroom, Saturday afternoons she would be upstairs and downstairs my dad would be watching the saturday sport.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Playing a few mp3s today.

Thiss is my favourite Arethat Franklin track. It's from 1974. I bought the album when it came out.

Might bring a tear to your eye.

Ad

Advertisements

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Long before i heard the Carpenters sing Merry Christmas darling I'm sure that i had a version of it sung by Dana on a 45. But i didn't keep it.
Just googled it and it was Carpenters who did it first.

Last edited:
Ad

Advertisements

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Long before i heard the Carpenters sing Merry Christmas darling I'm sure that i had a version of it sung by Dana on a 45. But i didn't keep it.
Just googled it and it was Carpenters who did it first.
Did dana do a cover of it?

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question