Fave songs from way back when!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@Sean Regan inspired me to start this thread........thanks !(y)

The Honeycombs ' Have I the Right?'was the first record I bought back in 64......still love it now!!

Come on all you shakers and groovers ..share your ' Raves From The Graves'

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I've mentioned my interest in vintage pop, jazz and Motown, but there are other eras, like the seventies that appeal to me. Scanning my LPs, there's Chicago, Earth Wind and Fire, Bread, Robert Palmer, Fleetwood Mac, Carole King and several more. But I was particularly fond of Hall & Oates. Daryl Hall has written some great songs.
There's a lot of videos on YouTube of "Live From Daryl's House," where he and invited guests sing his and their songs, as well as they did twenty or thirty years ago.

Here he is singing a long-time favourite with the young singer Rumer.

Lots of other well known guests.

Lots more favourites on there.

Never really fond of the Beatles, but I like this this Scandi girl's version

So I taught myself to busk it (and the guitar solo is so easy play)

https://app.box.com/s/iiwtq3pkefstk5blyickuc2mmshguxmg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Wow ,is that you playing !!! Very impressive!

Loved most of the above too, especially Carole King, have a few of her LPs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
There's a lot of "girl groups" isn't there?

One might think that The Andrews Sisters started the trend in close harmony popular singing in the forties.

But with so many things in music, it had all been done before, in this case, the thirties, with the Boswell Sisters, I've an album of theirs on a cassette.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Songs that come to mind which I had and listened to Canned Heat let’s work together, Free all right now THe Troggs Wild Thing ,And played by radio Caroline all the time Manfred man DoWahDiddy Diddy happy days:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Free and Canned Heat!!! ...Thanks for that @Zenj , forgotten them..going to Google them now......and the Troggs!!....saw them at Top Rank!:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
A good source of original songs can be found on YouTube clips of "Cold Case Endings."

"Cold Case," was a US TV series which ran for well over a hundred episodes. In each episode a case was re-investigated from any decade, the programme included original scenes. . The final scene was always accompanied by a recording popular when the crime was committed.

These endings have become a cult and many of them have been uploaded to YouTube by different people.
If you've never seen these before, the final scene shows the suspects and witnesses "as they were and as they are now."

This one could bring a tear to your eye. It's my favourite episode, though very sad, it has been described as LBGT-friendly

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The first song that I like and sang...apparently.........was The Story Of My Life by a Michael Holliday...........1958!.....I was only a toddler too!:ROFLMAO::D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
The first song that I like and sang...apparently.........was The Story Of My Life by a Michael Holliday...........1958!.....I was only a toddler too!:ROFLMAO::D

It amused me in my youth that he had his own show on TV for a while. Anyone unaware, might have thought he was a really big man, because you never saw any guest standing next to him. But in reality he was quite short.

Ask a Question