Songs and perfumes take us back to bygone days

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
This song by Abba 'Super Trouper' I listened to this morning took me back to our holiday in Kashmir. It was a beautiful holiday just the kind of weather for holiday makers. We would stroll down the Dal Lake early in the morning after a cuppa which we would pick up straight from the hotel kitchen. We were in a group and our own cooks had camped there.

Any particular song or perfume that takes you somewhere?

Reaction score
I have song that completely reminds me to when I was 13 years old, because that was the first time I heard it. I thought it was a quite peculiar song :p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Tea Rose perfume takes me back to when I was a young child. My mom used to buy it when I was about 6 years old and we would spray it all over ourselves. I have not owned a bottle of it in years, but when I smell it, it brings me back to those days. I am going to have to look for it online as I have not even seen it in years.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Tea Rose perfume takes me back to when I was a young child. My mom used to buy it when I was about 6 years old and we would spray it all over ourselves. I have not owned a bottle of it in years, but when I smell it, it brings me back to those days. I am going to have to look for it online as I have not even seen it in years.
I can never stand Channel 5 as when I was a kid I had got nausea with it.
Hope you find your perfume that will take you back happily to your childhood days.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I can never stand Channel 5 as when I was a kid I had got nausea with it.
Hope you find your perfume that will take you back happily to your childhood days.

My mother lives Chanel #5 and still wears it to this day. It is not one of my favorite scents, but she loves it. My dad was in the Navy when I was young and so when he would deploy overseas, he would always come back with designer perfumes for mom and I that he got for very cheap in the various countries he visited. It was always fun when he would open up his military bag after returning home.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I used to love the perfume called "Poison" in the fancy purple bottle with the golden lid. It was expensive but smelled SO good! Now I get headaches from perfume so I avoid all of them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
My wife uses Opium and a variety of other cosmetics and toiletries, by Decleor, Liz Earle, Elemis, Laura Merciér, etc. she's shelves of the stuff, much not yet opened.
It "reminds me" of a chemist's shop.

Ask a Question